Wednesday 23 April 2014

THE SLIME THAT WOULD PREY ON CHARITIES

I'm sure that what follows has nothing to do with the title and everything below that comes from a third party is perfectly genuine.

Earlier today I received the following email.

Hi my name is lauren tyler I currently work for barclays bank and I recently won an award for the work I do to help charities. I won some £300 to donate to a local charity and I was just wondering if you had any details that you could email over about your charity and what it is that you do.
I am very interested in this charity as from what I understand animal crackers is not government funded. Is that correct.
Thanks
Lauren x

Taking it at its face value, I replied providing basic info about Animal Krackers and providing links where she could check us out  -basically this blog and other links listed here.

I then received an email from this person that was far too quick for her to have checked the links I provided.

Thank you for getting back to me. Barclays will transfer the money direcyly5. Is their a company bank sort code and account number I could take to pass on for them to make the transfer.
Thanks

Thoughtfully ignoring her poor spelling and grammar, I replied to that stating I'd have to check with our treasurer and added:         

Before I do, could Barclays send me official confirmation of this please?

Thanks, Ian

That was several hours ago and I've yet to receive a reply.

I have no doubt that the reason is because this person is completely genuine but just happens to be too busy to reply as quickly as before -perhaps she's trying to share her largesse with other charities- and that s/he isn't a scum-sucking maggot, the lowest of the low,  who is out to rip off small local charities trying to do some good in their community.

However, this has reminded me of the need to be constantly vigilant against such people who make coprophilic necrophiles look good. If you're in touch with or indeed are an active member of a local charity like ours, do feel free to make the contents of this post known to them. Feel free too to quote anything written by Ms Tyler. As it's in a good cause I'm sure she won't mind.


No comments: