Sunday 16 September 2012

UPDATES

Black Bunny & Shopcat.

Black Bunny currently has a foster home and so has Shopcat.

Earlier this week I put up a couple of posters in the shop window at Grangetown -one plugging Carole's kittens, the other Shopcat. The next day a lady came in and asked Susan about the possibility of fostering a cat for us. Susan rang me and got me to talk to her. I immediately thought of Shopcat, she seemed interested, and Susan took her upstairs to see the cat.

Yesterday I had the job of taking Willow, my brother in law's rescued Cavalier King Charles spaniel for several walks while he and family went to Edinburgh. On one of them I called in at Shopcat's new temporary, but fingers crossed permanent, home. I found her curled up on a chair in the sun and with the new name of Nimue. She's settled in very quickly and has delighted her new owners by her affectionate nature.

More of my cats on a bed.

In order from bottom to the top: Blossom, Max, Lotus. In the second photo, l-r Max, Lotus.


Paws in the Park

Last Sunday, Susan and Ann took the van through to Newcastle for a big dog fun event to publicise Animal Krackers. The van was stuffed with cuddly toys and other stuff to sell (they made over £200). I was asked to do a couple of boards to put in front of our table and here they are.



Animal Krackers Cat Re-homing Centre.

Now I know why people when discussing builders always preface the noun with the adjective bloody. Because they're bloody useless and a bloody pain and I'm bloody sick of them.

I won't go into a list of what hasn't yet been done (most of it). Suffice to say that the end is nowhere in sight because they're (a string of rude words far worse than bloody has been omitted here) undependable.

Tightening our belts.

I'm not going in to too much detail here as it's confidential, but recently expenditure has been increasing and our income as a charity hasn't been keeping pace, declining if anything. This is due to those shops (of which there are now two in Grangetown)  that take in notably clothes* but also books and other stuff for money (paying peanuts), thereby affecting the amount of stock which would otherwise be donated to us. So at a committee meeting recently we made several decisions which affect shop procedures and the amount we can spend on animals to change this situation. 

*The clothes are then sent to places like Poland where they are sold for maybe a fifty (or more) times what they were paid for. I just hope these shops are a temporary thing.

No comments: