Wednesday 25 December 2013

SANTA BROUGHT ME TINKERBELL FOR CHRISTMAS

And this is Tinkerbell.


Tinkerbell is a large unneutered male about 18 months old. He was left in a flat when the couple that occupied it split up and neither would take the cat. Luckily, very luckily for the cat, we never heard from a social worker who was trying to re-home the cat of a deceased client which we'd more or less promised I would take on Monday. Anyway, the landlady brought him round late yesterday afternoon.

Despite the open mouth he's actually miaowing not hissing and is a nice friendly cat who'll make someone a good pet. Understandably, he's disturbed at suddenly finding himself in a new place with other cats around but I'm reasonably confident he'll settle in, though I'm keeping him in lockup (the conservatory)  for a couple of days. Once Christmas is over I'm going to arrange to have him checked out at the vets, neutered and given his first cat flu jab.

I'm calling him Tink by the way.

And in case you think I'm a bit of saddo with nothing else to do on Christmas Day than sit and blog, I turned up on (ex-wife) Susan's doorstep at 9.10 this morning (with presents), prepared the turkey -lashings of butter, salt, covered with streaky bacon, chopped onion underneath, wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven- made breadcrumbs and chopped onions to make sage and onion and put the onions in a saucepan to cook. Susan has  just rang me to say that I didn't put enough water in and they're all burnt, conveniently ignoring the fact that she was supposed to be watching them. I'll be back at noon to prepare and cook the veg in time for a one o'clock dinner with her brother and his family.

Am I only person who cooks the Christmas dinner to which they've been invited as a guest? Actually I don't mind as I do a good Christmas dinner.

He's some more photos of Tink.

Happy Christmas everyone.



PS. Within the last two weeks I've homed the two young kittens I'd been fostering and will be showing Arthur the kitten-cat at the re-homing centre to a young family on Friday.

No comments: